Sometimes, when you click on a hyperlink or insert image icon in cpanel file manager, you get the following error.
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_ff452ccb8539e80490338f0ab3712f44, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/wysiwygPro/conf/customSessHandlers.inc.php on line 26
Your editing session has expired.
This is usually caused by a long period of inactivity. Please re-load the page.
Here are the possibles solutions to it.
1) Confirm that session.save_path is set as /tmp in /usr/local/lib/php.ini
2) /tmp has correct permission and is writable
3) session.gc_maxlifetime is set as 14400
4) session.bug_compat_42 is turned off
5) If none of the above works, try the following.
The presence of that file causes cpsrvd to use a non-system PHP provided by cPanel.